Featured Post

PSP2, Switch 2 and an Xbox handheld... a brighter portable future?

Essential Evercade Accessories

Most traditional handheld game device launches come with an armada of accessories, from the stack of gadgets that could make a Game Boy look like a Transformer to the modern need for stylish cases and a relentless supply of batteries, leads or power packs.

There's only one official case for the Evercade so far, but it looks pretty decent. Once I get my hands on my unit, I'll figure out what other portable wallets or sleeves it can fit into safely.



One thing you will need is a mini-HD-out lead to connect to a HDTV, as this isn't included in either of the bundles. There are plenty of them on the market and the Amazon Basics should do you well,  better than some of the cheaper, no-brand, examples.

Finally, for now, the plastic screen on the Evercade seems rather weak from initial reviews, and if it is anything like the Switch, could be prone to dings, so I'd suggest picking up a screen protector. The suggested example is for the PSP which had the same screen size, so should work. But you might want to hold off until I've checked it out.

Will update as new accessories appear or essential purchases become apparent.

Currently playing on my Vita/PS4/PS5