PQube is bringing Acquire's Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault to the Vita and PS4, later this Spring. The tower defence game with a story delivered in a visual novel-style. No western video yet, but check out the Japanese version in action!
Among the features that make it a bit above your typical tower defence game are:
- Rotating defences around your central tower, to better concentrate or spread out your armaments.
- Unlock and assign new team members to your control room – each bringing new abilities to help you in battle!
- Story-driven episodes move the player around the world to experience different urban environments.
- Use appropriate weaponry to tackle the different enemy types.
- Collect resources to strengthen your city and grow your population to earn more currency to help in the war!
- Over 50 different types of units to take on the enemy!
Overall, you must defend the last bastion of humanity against an onslaught of monster attacks. From a central citadel - the player assumes the role of military leader charged with creating, developing, and updating a city with weapons and defences, balancing and aligning the city’s resources to better survive against prolonged monster attacks.
To help in battle against the enemy onslaught, you can recruit and level up supporting characters – tactical operations staff who each bring unique skills to your control room!