Featured Post

PSP2, Switch 2 and an Xbox handheld... a brighter portable future?

Celebrating 15 years of PlayStation Portable

Wow, it has been a long time baby! Thanks to a friend with Japanese connections, I picked up a launch-day JP PSP a few days after thanks to his speedy personal courier and enjoyed Christmas 2004 playing Ridge Racer and Everybody's Golf from the comfort of my bed - I couldn't tell you what was going on in the real world.

That was three months ahead of the US, and nine ahead of the UK where a delayed release would really have grated if I didn't have this in my hands. And here's the little chap today, still banging out the tunes and games, protected by a Logitech case that has kept it warm through the dark times when the Vita turned up all new and shiny. Now that's build quality!



Not long after, I had four hours of daily train commute. Over the years, the likes of Football Manager, Crisis Core, Outrun Coast 2 Coast, Kingdom Hearts, WipEout Pure, PSOne classics, PSP minis plus movies on UMD kept me sane. It introduced my to Monster Hunter, Dissidia, GTA and the joys of inter-office Konami PES or Madden matches with a friend.

Its history is well known, so I won't bang on too much but this is a personal thank you to Shin'ichi Ogasawara for his rock of a design and all the developers who showed what was possible on a dinky little device that thought a lot bigger.

Currently playing on my Vita/PS4/PS5