Monday, February 27, 2012

Vita games top the UK charts as 3G sells surprisingly well


The PS Vita looks like it got off to a decent start in life with four games breaking into the UK's top 15, I'm pretty much in love with Uncharted and have tried the demos of the other three. It is clear to see the level of quality involved in each game and good to see they beat out some of the crud on offer.

Remember, there's no digital sales here which means a lot of numbers are unreported. The top two counted for some 50% of all Vita games sales, which is a scary number. Rayman remains the most popular title on Amazon, possibly due to its bundle offer while Uncharted and FIFA are in the high twenties among all video games (inc consoles and pre-orders) with Mass Effect 3 leading the way.

1*  UNCHARTED: GOLDEN ABYSS SONY COMPUTER ENT. -
2*  FIFA FOOTBALL EA SPORTS -
3 UFC UNDISPUTED 3 THQ 1
4 FIFA 12 EA SPORTS 2
5*  RAYMAN ORIGINS UBISOFT -
6 MARIO & SONIC LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES SEGA 4
7 SYNDICATE EA GAMES -
8 CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 ACTIVISION 3
9 BATTLEFIELD 3 EA GAMES 5
10 FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 SQUARE ENIX 6
11*  WIPEOUT 2048 SONY COMPUTER ENT. -

UPDATED: Here's the first ever Vita format chart


1    UNCHARTED: GOLDEN ABYSS
2    FIFA FOOTBALL
3    WIPEOUT 2048
4    RAYMAN ORIGINS
5    RIDGE RACER
6    VIRTUA TENNIS 4: WORLD TOUR EDITION
7    EVERYBODY’S GOLF
8    ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3
9    LITTLE DEVIANTS
10    F1 2011
11    MODNATION RACERS: ROAD TRIP
12    LUMINES ELECTRONIC SYMPHONY
13    DUNGEON HUNTER: ALLIANCE
14    REALITY FIGHTERS
15    ASPHALT INJECTION
16    TOUCH MY KATAMARI
17    ARMY CORPS OF HELL
18    NINJA GAIDEN: SIGMA PLUS
19    SHINOBIDO 2: REVENGE OF ZEN
20    DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT


Also, from Japan, an interesting note that the 3G version beat out the WiFi model at Japan's launch and is level-pegging in sales. Wonder what the UK sales split will be like? Did that offer of a free WipEout sway many buyers to the more expensive model? UPDATE - WiFi sold 79% of Vita units, 3G the remaining 21% according to MCV.

Having seen how Near works, I'd probably have picked one up if I'd know the difference between 3G location quality and WiFi. Still, there's always next year's 4G model :)

No comments:

Post a Comment