Featured Post

PSP2, Switch 2 and an Xbox handheld... a brighter portable future?

Firmware - updating Vita error c3-3822-5 solved

Now the end is very much looming for the Vita, lots of us are playing with Henkaku, Modoro, Adrenaline and other tweaks for homebrew, emulators and so on. But sometimes that goes wrong, as I found with a common rookie error, you can be facing a screen of death and endless firmware loops. 

This video from Warlock Tech goes some way to solving the problem and should work for many. However, if you get the pesky  c3-3822-5, searching just tells us that its a region thing but nothing I could find really offered a fix. So I figured out a way to sort it. 

If you watch the video above, the steps on the Vita involving going to Update the System System Software, and then going to Update from PC. That's where I get the error message. 

However, above that is the Update from a PS3 option, and for me that worked fine! Plug the Vita into the PlayStation 3 and let it download the latest firmware, install away and job done! 



Okay, not everyone will have a PlayStation 3 lying around, but maybe a friend has one, or there are plenty in second-hand stores or from eBay going cheap. There may be other solutions to this problem for the non-expert modder, and I'll happily update if I find one, but this did the job for me. 

Also, this process brings the Vita up to the latest firmware, which might limit your fun with homebrew, but I'm sure there will be plenty of new hacks in the post-Vita era. And I'd rather have a happy Vita than a bricked system. 

Currently playing on my Vita/PS4/PS5