- Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out!
- Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out 1-4 challengers.
- Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent’s Well shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump garbage down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you out by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
*3DS Only* Challenge – With four mode variants, be prepared for a variety of challenges that will put any player’s determination to the test:
- Master - The Tetriminos drop instantly and appear at the bottom.
- Rotation Lock – The orientation of the Tetriminos are random and you cannot rotate them.
- Escalation – As the game levels up, you’ll have to clear more lines
- Invisible – The Tetriminos become invisible as they drop to the bottom.
Is it really worth the time and effort for a portable exclusive feature? Guess Tetris still resonates strongly with Nintendo, given how it helped sell the original Gameboy.