Fight for the future

Polite Plea: After almost seven years and 7,000 articles, the number of stories is slowing down. Time and developers move on, but I'll always be posting, as the Vita becomes the new Dreamcast.
However, I do need a new Vita as my launch day model is starting to show its age. Please consider clicking an ad to help my new Vita fund!
Once reached, hopefully in time for Christmas, I will remove all adverts, leaving this island of Vita life an ad-free oasis!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bad News Folks: PSN Comics Being Culled

I'd hoped for some happy news for this blog's 500th post, like a Vita release date, an exclusive Vita title, but it wasn't to be.

Sony's US blog has announced that it is stopping updates for the PSN comic service. I never got to use this because my Japanese PSP wouldn't access the app correctly, but it was something I always fancied and, years later, along came the iPhone Marvel and DC stores which I peek in on from time to time.


However, on a brighter note, the existing library will remain and still be accessible and Sony will continue to bring the comics service to other devices, which presumably means the S1/S2 tablets, and, of course, the Vita.

No comments:

Post a Comment